Without God, We Cannot. Without Us, God Will Not.
· God wants us to be joyful, healthy, and successful. He has given us Scriptures like: “They that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing,” (Psalm 34:10) and “If we obey and serve him, we shall spend our days in prosperity and our years in pleasure.” (Job 36:11)
A quote from Augustine ????!!
· According to the Vatican website (re: Catholic Catechism), what Augustine said is this: “God created us without us: but he did not will to save us without us.” The source they gave is: St. Augustine, Sermo 169,11,13 L 38,923.
Free will in theology
Free will in theology is an important part of the debate on free will in general. Religions vary greatly in their response to the standard argument against free will and thus might appeal to any number of responses to the paradox of free will, the claim that omniscience and free will are incompatible.
Why Can’t We Understand God Completely
The more God grows us, instead of finding it frustrating that we cannot comprehend what God is always up to, this fact will actually become a great comfort. To be a servant to a God who could be completely comprehended would be frightening because it would prove God is not the great Sovereign we hoped he …
God Can’t!—and the Bible Says So · For The Love of …
We also see Jesus weep in various circumstances. I do not see how we can say God is not impacted by the world or “hurt” when Jesus reveals God to us, and we clearly see emotions and feelings through the life of Christ throughout Scripture. Ric Smith
ROMANS 8:9 KJV “But ye are not in the flesh, but in the …
“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” Romans 8:9 Context 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Why it is Impossible to Please God Without Faith
If after all He has done, someone still does not trust that He exists and that He rewards those who seek Him, then God is not pleased with that person. God cannot help and bless the person the way He would like to, and the person will not be able to love God and work for Him as he should.
Hebrews 4:15-16 For we do not have a high priest who is …
Let us then with confidence draw near to the For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne Now that we know what we have—Jesus, this great High Priest with ready access to God—let’s not let it slip through our fingers.
You Cannot Carry Your Own Cross
Absolutely yes! Jesus forewarns us, “Without me ye can do nothing” (John 15:5). So He asks us to take up our cross, struggle on with it, until we learn that lesson. Not until our cross pushes us down into the dust do we learn the lesson that it is not by our
where to find bible verse-God will never give you more …
· For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.”
The Attributes of God – Part 1a
· We have many discouragements within and without, but while we persevere in our duty, God will not fail us; his word is as sure as the earth: (2Th 3:3), ‘The Lord is faithful, who shall establish and keep you from evil.’
If God knows our free will choices, do we still have free …
· Nevertheless, the scriptures are not definitive on this issue, and we can only conclude what they do say – namely, that God is eternal, without beginning, without end, and that He can accurately and precisely predict what will happen.
Can We Understand God’s Ways?
We do not tell people that God’s ways are always understandable to the human mind; I certainly hope we haven’t given that impression in any of our literature. God is infinite, and, therefore, there will always be an infinite number of things about God that we do not understand ( Isaiah 55:8–9 ).
Do Not Take Your Holy Spirit From Me!
Let us no longer take the Spirit for granted. If the Holy Spirit were removed from us, we might as well be lost. We cannot sing or pray or worship or serve or come near to God without him. We are told to pray in the Holy Spirit. If he were gone, then our words are
SATAN– What he can and cannot do
Psalms 100:3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. It is usually bad to use technology to illustrate biblical truth, but I am thinking of an example of what we are talking about.
God’s Promise to Answer Prayer
God does not answer the prayers of those that reject Him as they Lord and Savior. “Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshiper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth” (John 9:31). 1. We cannot come to God without belief
Marie Osmond on Instagram: “Just when the news seems …
He knows we’ll make mistakes, but that’s why God gave us the Savior who will always be there to catch us when we fall. In Deuteronomy 31:8 it says, “And the Lord, He it is that doth go before thee; He will be with thee, He will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.”